Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Destination: Maker Faire, San Mateo, California!



It's been five years since I last attended the Mother of all Maker Faires in San Mateo, California. And I'm very excited to be returning this year with GoGo squeeZ and TerraCycle!

If you're out that way, it's a must-see event. I've attended Maker Faires in Michigan and have a soft spot in my crafty heart for the one in New York City. But there's nothing like Maker Faire when it's hosted in its own hometown in California. You don't even bat an eyelash when you're standing in line at the coffee stand behind a motorized cupcake. Or when a car passes you adorned with robotic, singing fish. It's hacker-overload when you're at the Faire, and will hold promise to blow your crafty mind. Even though it's only a weekend long, you're sure to run home afterwards and want to make stuff, which is a mindset much longer than a weekend.

If you're at the Faire, be sure to stop by the GoGo squeeZ booth, get some free samples of delicious (preservative-free) applesauce, and Make some do-it-yourself goodness with me. I hope to see you there! Happy ReMakering!

No comments: